OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS: Dopamine Art
Think bright, loud, colourful and happy!
Last summer saw the fashion trend of ‘Dopamine dressing’ which essentially meant dressing to improve your mood. After a shitty 2020 and a just as crappy 2021, I think we can all agree that we could all do with a mood boost!
This exhibition will take that same concept of dressing to boost your mood, but apply it to our walls!
Deadline: Wednesday 25th May 2022
Exhibition Dates: This is a month-long exhibition, throughout the month of June, exact dates TBC
Location: Signature Brew Haggerston, Railway Arched, 340 Acton Mews, London E8 4EA
• Please only apply if you are UK based. As a gallery, we only take on local, UK based artists.
• For our physical Exhibition, we can only accept prints, if you have works in other mediums that you would like to feature on our online platform, please feel free to submit.
• If you would like to submit a video, we have projectors and screens to display on the opening night, but will be online afterwards.
• If selected, you will need to arrange to bring the artwork to the venue on the day of the exhibition (or drop it off the week before the launch date).
• If selected, we would like you to encourage you to attend the launch event.
Specifications & Requirements
• As well as featuring in our physical exhibition at Signature Brew Haggerston, your work will be hosted on our online gallery and sold through our online shop.
• We will add on a commission of 30% (on top of your price, NOT to be deducted from your sale price).
• We offer free UK delivery through our online shop, therefore you will need to ensure you have included UK postage and packaging costs within your sale price.
• The collection of works at the end of the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist unless alternative arrangements are confirmed within enough notice.
Liability & Photography
• Although artworks will be handled with the utmost care, we cannot be responsible for loss or damage to the artworks, and artists are encouraged to arrange their own insurance, if they wish.
• We will be photographing artwork during the event and use the images for marketing purposes, on our website and on social media platforms.
By submitting artwork via this open call, you are agreeing to the terms outlined above.
Thank you so much for your interest in our open call and we can’t wait to see your work!
*Due to the number of submissions, we are only able to get back to the artists whose works will be featured in the exhibition.
Here are some examples of works by our current artists, that fit the 'Dopamine Art' theme.
by Tamsin Wilson
by Esme Rose Marsh
by Henriett Juhász
'A Darker Stage'
by Caitlin Dowd